FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which airport is a lesser hassle to transit through - DEL or BOM?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:06 am
Love_Travel

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
Current covid situation on DEL is making me worried. I am holding ATL-AMS-DEL ticket and a separate ticket for DEL-MAA.

Given rapid rise in Covid cases in Delhi, does it make sense to Skip DEL airport and rebook ATL-AMS-DXB-MAA? I will have to buy a separate ticket for DXB-MAA in AI or Emirates

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...tive-for-covid (This was a flight from DEL to HKG)

Originally Posted by ramkyk
No covid test on arrival in delhi if you take a direct flight from US to India. I am a travel agent and I have been booking clients via delhi On a daily basis without any issue. Mumbai is fine as well, if you have covid test, you don't need to quarantine if you go from US to mumbai direct flight. Avoid the ME and Europe transit flights and you will be fine. If you take Air India flight book a VBM flight to MAA and all the immigration/custom and quarantine processing will be done in Chennai.
Get in touch with a travel agent who specializes in India travel and they will guide you.
You do need to take a covid test in USA 72 hrs before boarding.

Last edited by Love_Travel; Apr 21, 2021 at 7:41 am