FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cash rates not available, but able to book award nights?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 12:04 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by TerryK
Book it while it is still available. RM forgot to close out award rate plan. Property is sold out.
I did. I wonder how it will be handled if it's indeed sold out when I show up at the property.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
In my friend’s case they caught it a few days after he booked and well before the reservation date. He thought he had struck gold as there was a big concert nearby that he was going to and there were no other hotels in that area.
I am okay with a goodwill gesture if they catch this early on (if sold out) and provide me enough time to make alternate reservation, but it would be different when I show up at the property and there is no available room.

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
In that case it would be costly to "walk" a PLT/TIT/AMB the day of but if they catch this mistake in advance they might try to cancel the reservation even though it's a valid reservation.
I am a lowly gold, so can they just cancel the reservation up until the date of check in? What recourse would I have?

LAX