FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:19 am
jayer

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
Somebody talk some sense into me please. First time Globalist here. Have 7 nights in June booked on points in the standard/likely parking lot view. No standard suite available to use a TSU. Even a minor upgrade at check-in unlikely. I know booking with points during the busy summer period, made even busier by folks flocking to Maui after a year of COVID, is an accomplishment in itself. Have read the complaints about too many kids, breakfast isn’t as good as it used to be, lines for breakfast, no snacks in rooms any more, little to no Globalist recognition, etc.

Have been to Maui ​​​​​a ton, always wanted to stay at the Andaz and never have been able to make it happen. Free parking, waived resort fee, great beach with free chairs and umbrella, great pools sound good to me. Why am I even questioning my stay?
The view on the front is not as good but the rooms can be quieter. Even if you're not looking at it from your room it is a walk-out beach with enough sand bottom you can use it, and if the sea conditions are right a pretty good snorkel reef. All without moving the car. The downside is limited dining in that part of the island, unless you want to finance upscale every meal, and they are not the largest or best furnished room ever.

Like it is so eloquently stated above, I really like the place on points, but I like it way better on points than on real money. Congratulations on actually getting a points stay at this hotel. Most of us have failed at that so many times we've gone somewhere else, You have set your expectations at the realistic level. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Last edited by jayer; Apr 17, 2021 at 11:28 am