FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:10 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by whitesock
Some more details that may end up being helpful - the flight I had booked was ANC-EWR-DCA. The EWR-DCA leg had been in the mid-morning; however, I now see it's gone and the only possible EWR-DCA connection for me is at 2:00 PM (ANC-EWR arrives at 7:40 AM). So, it could be stopover issue and the system re-routed me after my connection was cancelled into DCA. But, I also searched for ANC-EWR-IAD (which I would happily do) and that also did not show up, despite an 8:20 EWR-IAD flight. Would UA prevent me from booking a 40 minute connection time? Last but not least, I searched for just ANC-EWR, since I would just hop on Amtrak to DC if it meant I could keep my lie-flat, and that route DID appear - with an upcharge. I'll try to get a supervisor first but worst comes to worst, that would still be worth it to me.....
An obscure exception to the stopover rule is the desired flight is the first valid connection -- would suspect newer agents may not have been trained on this and it is not generally offered online.

Originally Posted by whitesock
.... Edit: Now I see this 8:20 EWR-IAD flight has no open seats in First. Would that prevent the route from being shown as available to me? ....
It should show but "should" does not mean it always will.

Originally Posted by ty97
Running a schedule change on a Wednesday instead of a weekend is interesting, but they certainly are doing just that.
UA did a mid-week schedule tweak last week also, definitively a change of behavior. Unclear why.