FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:11 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by josephstern
I get you on many of the issues with the Andaz, but that Marriott is just not in the same class. Much larger and less personal, not nearly as nice in many ways, and no beach, which I consider very problematic.
I would miss the Andaz breakfast (must really have been spectacular pre-pandemic). The walk to Ulua beach, or down past the Andaz, or the drive to Makena, would not bother me.
Originally Posted by kthpence
Neither do we, but if one is spending $600+/night, it's nice to actually use the amenities of the place where you are staying?
No, I really don't care about being able to use the pools at either Andaz or Marriott. I don't golf, so it likewise doesn't bother me that neither property has its own golf course.
Originally Posted by kthpence
Even with free breakfast / loyalty perks, you'd get a much better value at an Airbnb in Wailea vs any of the hotels in Wailea IMO. Further, if you're looking to explore Maui, Wailea isn't really the best location for that.
I've done many VRBO stays north shore of Oahu; unfortunately, the current cancel policies are very very harsh to the point that I'm not interested.