FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HR John Wayne Airport (SNA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:27 pm
MechMachine

Originally Posted by AllThePants
I made a mattress run here towards the end of Feb for the bonus nights. The rooms are very small business hotel variety. Huge TV on the wall that seemed to dwarf the room. It really does seem like it was designed for the solo business traveler who's shooting in/out of town for a meeting. It's on the backside of the airport, so not a whole lot around -- a Benihanas on the same block, but couldn't see much else.

When I was staying there (intra-COVID) I think I was maybe one of a handful of guests there -- it was at 10% occupancy at the time. The few people I did see seemed to be holing up to take a flight out the next day. I imagine it may be picking up a bit with folks traveling more now, but with business travel still down my guess is it'll still be pretty empty.

I rather actually enjoyed the breakfast. It's pretty standard HR business hotel breakfast, but the cafe staff was super nice and the few things I had tasted good and as a Globalist they comp'd me everything I ordered. Nothing to write home about, but probably on par or better than most other breakfast options in the immediate area.

But agree - not really worth 12K points and not really worth seeking out unless there's something that requires you to be in that neck of the woods.
Thanks for the information. It’s a quick weekend trip with something near the airport so I figured this would be the most efficient use of time rather than fighting lax traffic and flying into there. If it was a longer stay id definitely consider a nicer property.

On a related note; anyone have any experience renting a car off property and having it be delivered here? Silver car (audi dealer) is super close by; would be convenient and they’re running a nice 30% discount here. Wasn’t sure if they’re still running their airport shuttle from SNA