FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2021, 6:18 pm
clubeurope

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Based on what could be open to vaccinated tourists at the end of the year, I am considering going to Bali for part of my NYE trip. Based on logistics, it looks like my total stay would be 6 nights. Since I will be travelling with an 18 month old at the time, my strong inclination is to not move hotels during my stay.

My initial preference would be to book Amankila, but wanted to see if others thought booking a 1-bedroom at Amanusa would be better for our stay.
Thanks!
It depends what you are after.

Amanusa has closed down. The remnant that's still operational is Aman Villas at Nusa Dua. The hotel is physically closer to the airport than Amankila and in the area where many of the branded resorts are (St Regis, Ritz-Carlton, etc). It's a lot closer to an urban setting than Amankila. However, the hotel isn't on the beach but rather next to a golf course (although there is access to a private beach).

Amankila is 1.5 hours from the airport, and it's pretty much an hour's drive or more from most the more popular/visited places in Bali. As such, it's a lot more isolated compared to other places. There is a black-sand private beach, although it's a steep walk down from the main hotel area (they also provide car-buggy services if you don't want to walk down/up). It's a wonderful setting, especially if you're just looking to unwind and stay away from urban life.