FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Apr 7, 2021, 3:55 pm
hisoka

Originally Posted by Rukes
I'm in the same boat, US citizen, have NEXUS but it defaults the appointment search for NEXUS only centers.

However, looking in the FAQ:
"Then schedule a visit to any CBP trusted traveler enrollment center for an interview (if you are not already a CBP trusted traveler) and for electronic signature collection. However, if you are already a CBP trusted traveler, visit any CBP trusted traveler enrollment center for signature collection without an appointment."

So if you have Nexus or GE already, you can just go to any CBP center to finish it without an appointment. I haven't personally tried it yet, but will probably go in May when I am bringing my parents to the local one for their Global Entry interview and see.

So, I have also tried this, but no luck. on my last return from Japan through SFO, I asked if I could do an interview on arrival like they do with GE. The guy did the interview, but when he tried to approve the application, he said it was pulling up Nexus data and couldn't. They called a supervisor, I went into the local DHS office, and 90 minutes later they said they couldn't help me. Then, a couple months before lockdown, I was in YVR and stopped by the office, they told me it requires an appointment and they wouldn't just give it to me. So, YMMV, bot got denied at both SFO and YVR when dropping in.

Despite multiple emails to with screenshots to support, they dont seem to actually grasp that my problem is lack of centers to schedule an interview online. The last email does indeed say they made a notation on my account that my expiry date would be extended if no centers started taking applicants before my required scheduling timeline was due, but honestly, at this point, I'll probably need a renewal on my Nexus pass before I can get my APEC interview. Im about ready to just forget it, I might even be done with most of my Asian business trips by the time this actually comes though...