FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:04 pm
KosherKimchee

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Flew LAX-SIN on SQ37 last week of March in J. Pretty uneventful (except for one pax, read further). Check in staff at TBIT were great, informed me that someone had selected seat across from my reserved seats in Row 19 but Row 22 completely empty so they moved us back there. Luckily the pax on Row 19 was coughing like crazy and I expressed my concern to FA who kept me updated on their protocol but said pax had been double vaxed (as am I) but was just suffering from dry throat but they had taken pax's temp and would continue to do so and if cough persisted and/or temp rose they would be sent to quarantine area in back of A359. Was glad to be 3 rows behind (even with lesser legroom), even if not sick because the coughing was annoying as heck -- loud enough to hear over QC35s, 3 rows back.

Food was okay, served on a single tray. Chicken with noodles snack was honestly better than the first main (a dry Japanese-ish salmon for supper) but second meal was a particular good omelette.

Was transiting in Changi -- slapped with a bracelet, temperature taken and then marched thru terminal to the THA. Amazingly was told to walk single file through terminal to THA and socially distance from my 11 year old son, boy those Singaporeans love their dumb inflexible rules.