FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: AF/KL/DL/VS: BUD-US from $750 R/T
Old Apr 6, 2021, 4:28 am
Passportinonehand

Another update on my 006 ticket AMS-HNL-OGG-LIH-LAX-AMS (managed to add intra-Hawaii flights in the beginning and change departure city to AMS when
Hungary closed their borders)

I’ve been trying to postpone my outbound to HNL (scheduled May 15) for the last few weeks with no success. Yesterday I chatted with a DL rep who took a long time to read the fare rules. He told me it was impossible to change my outbound without flying a segment first and that I should wait and see if DL extends the flexible change waiver.

He then said the fare allowed unlimited stopovers and he could change the other flights, as long as we didn’t touch the AMS-HNL portion. So I asked if he could add a stopover in NYC as well when flying LAX-AMS and he agreed.

I now have a great ticket with a few days in 3 different Hawaiian islands, a couple weeks in LA and the week before Christmas in NYC, but chances are slim I’ll be able to fly it if they don’t extend the waiver :-(.

Time will tell.

Edit: A question just came to mind. If I route my outbound through CDG or LHR (so AMS-CDG-LAX-HNL for example), will they let me board the AMS-CDG flight as a EU citizen if I’m not allowed into the US? That would give me the option to move the rest of the outbound to the future then.