FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:37 pm
louie-m

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by BritBesotted
My research (this wiki & Chase/Visa site companion ticket rules) is hitting the proverbial brick wall, so...

Re: changing the date of the return portion of a BA/Chase(Visa card) reward flight, which was booked using a voucher...

After traveling the outbound, can you change the return date?

If you can change the return date, is seat selection limited to availability of reward seats on the new date of change?

Can you make the date change and choose a different class from the original booking?

For example, if you originally were booked in First, but only Club reward seats are available on the new date, is this choice/downgrade allowed?

Will you be charged £35 change fee per passenger?
I don't consider myself an expert, but as no-one else has replied..... IF the rules are the same for Chase voucher in the US and Amex vouchers in the UK, then I believe the following is the case:

Yes you can change the return date after flying the outbound but you will need Avios availability for the new date

You can downgrade the flight (so first to club) but you won't get any Avios or money back. I don't know whether you could upgrade, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't subject to paying extra Avios and money. You'd need Avios availability for the upgraded or downgraded class.

I would expect the £35 fee to be charged.