FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Amex offer, Monthly $5 off $5 US Dining [Expired 31 Dec 2021]
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:44 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I did that at a Hilton Garden Inn last year. I booked the stay with my Hilton Amex Card, but on the third day I was there I did a separate direct transaction of about $225 on my bill and the rest of my bill was paid at checkout automatically on my Hilton Card that I presented upon checkin. So, I got the bonus points on the hilton card and the $50 credit on the plat card.

I have a Marriot offer that I can't use because it expires in 7 days in my stay isn't until 14 days and the pre-pay rate is twice as much Not worth searching around looking for a marriot where I'm at to buy a gift card, so that's another offer going to waste.
I did that a few years ago with no issues. I had an offer on my debit card for a good deal at Hilton and at checkout put whatever the minimum was for the offer on the debit card and the rest on my Hilton credit card. A little bit of a pain since you have to go down and physically check out to have it split, but was worth it.