FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fees "Gone For Good"(WW ex-USA,non-BE), credit for lower fare!, Intl&BE waiver
Old Apr 3, 2021, 10:21 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
Between this wording and the new consumer policy page on United.com, it sounds like the refund for a fee is for travel agents so that corporate customers can choose not to track all the canceled ticket credits by paying the fee. For example, my organization spends a good deal of time and effort tracking these and there is breakage on canceled tickets that don’t get reused. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get this as an option in my organization when we don’t have clear plans to rebook a trip.

It doesn’t sound like this will be offered to direct booking individual customers.
If UA wanted to offer this only to certain clients, it could do so easily, behind the scenes. Putting it in Jetstream opens it up to anyone who wants to register as a travel agent.

It makes little sense to give such a valuable option only on agency-purchased tickets, given that UA and the other airlines have spent the better part of two decades trying to undercut travel agents and move to a direct sales model.

Anything's possible, to be sure, but I don't see the logic behind that from UA's perspective.