FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii Covid Testing - City Health partnership
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:18 pm
jasonvr

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
MAJOR change in pricing (for the better). About a week ago I booked appointments for my wife and I at the Long Beach location for next Wednesday. Long Beach only offered standard molecular (48 hours) for $20 and Rapid Molecular (1 hour) for $220. Hawaii authorized testing options in OC are very limited and we didn't want the stress of mailing anything, so we sprung for the $220 each. Today I look on the site again and the price has dropped to $20 for the 1hr molecular test!!! The costs are fully refundable if you cancel more than 24 hours in advance, so I canceled both appointments, and rebooked in the exact same timeslots for $20 instead. We've already received our refund emails and the new emails with the replacement appointments. From the looks of the chart, Oakland offers the same 1hr test for $20 as well.

As near as I can tell, this is the same test that Walgreens uses because when you try to make the appointment it says "Abbott Rapid Molecular Test" which appears to be ID NOW (https://www.abbott.com/IDNOW.html). This is great news as I know people have had great success for Walgreens ID NOW as being the easiest option for Hawaii, but no Walgreens anywhere in CA offers ID NOW.