FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa, NH [Master Thread]
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:14 pm
sbrower
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I Stayed There

We stayed in this hotel just after July 4th, for 2 nights on an award. My comments are as follows:

1. This is a beautiful building. It was closed for about 30 (?) years, and was saved from the wrecking ball by investors. It sits on a small hill in the middle of a small island in a harbor area. Just lovely.

2. The Concierge Lounge was small. But the service was excellent. For the breakfast they set up omlettes cooked to order. But the equipment was insufficient and they were unable to get it replaced.

3. The rooms were nice, the pool area was fine, we didn't eat in the restaurants (even though it was raining the entire time we were there).

4. Here is my summary opinion. This one is *highly* subjective (although confirmed by at least two employees there). This is an "investor" hotel which isn't performing as well as they hoped. As a result, they spent a fortune on the renovation, but they don't have a really good operating budget for capital improvement. So, when the omlette cookers in the Concierge Lounge break, they request a new one (an item under $100), but they can't get one.