FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM: TIJ to MEX from $196 and earn 1386 MQDs (Bus)
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:30 pm
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by IggySD
I was looking into this yesterday and it appears to be a TIJ-MTY ticket that allows unlimited stopovers in each direction. Haven’t booked yet but I did manage to pull up an itinerary in SEP that had ~2 nights in GDL, MTY, and MEX. Think those are the only to cities AM flies to out of TIJ else could possibly try out some other places. Wasn’t seeing anything with more than one connection either.
I also noticed the unlimited stopovers. I was able to get a connection in CUN to price, but not Merida. It also stated no circle trips etc, so it seems like you can add in the connections/stops prior to getting to MEX; but any onward points that require a connection in MEX to get there (like MID) won’t work.

CUN worked because AM runs GDL-CUN. But it seems to replace MTY because there is no CUN-MTY - you’d need to connect in MEX.

As always, thanks to @jfkeze for the amazing finds. Question for them, or anyone else who may have flown this already: will this definitely credit as an I fare to DL? I ask because in the other AM thread for the sale to Europe, someone mentioned the DL site showing it as an economy fare, and the fare rules mention it is an up sell fare (but it also states that the fare is for business class service). Would this “domestic” itinerary allow for Salon Premier access at GDL, MTY, and MEX?

Also, I remember some threads on the DL forum about people having challenges with DL properly crediting similar AM fares. Thanks for any experience anyone can share, because would hate to book this and have it credit as an economy instead of business class.