FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Travelers recount tales of getting stuck in Mexico after positive COVID-19 tests"
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:25 pm
downinit

Originally Posted by metallo
Apologies if this was posted somewhere already -- there are some interesting anecdotes here from Americans who tested positive on pre-flight COVID-19 tests while vacationing in Mexico.

'I can't believe this is happening': Travelers recount tales of getting stuck in Mexico after positive COVID-19 tests
Not at all surprising when the news broke recently that COVID deaths in Mexico were under-reported by 60%. If they had required inbound tourists to get tested like every other country on earth (eventually) did, the scale of the destruction would have been considerably lower. Having taken two trips abroad in the last year, I did not hesitate in booking insurance for this exact reason. I also knew full well what the risks were and was completely prepared to deal with the consequences of my decision. It was painfully obvious to anyone paying attention that these resorts were just one big covid party. Hopefully, the staff at these places will be able to get vaccinated before their immunity from their previous exposure wears off, since the government clearly is not bothered by its status atop the COVID death podium.