FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More changes at Chorus. E175s transfering to Jazz, Dash8-300s leaving fleet
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:58 pm
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This has been public for almost a month already. I didn't say the pilot was surprised they weren't informed before the announcement was made, I said he was surprised that there has been no communication about timetable since the announcement was made. Because in the past (e.g. when the DH1s were phased out), there has been.
Perhaps my post was unclear: I wasn't solely commenting on whether pilots were informed or not before an announcement is made, I was suggesting that line employees in general aren't included in major policy decisions made by company management - before, during or after any action is announced and/or taken. If staff are consulted in advance (usually via their respective union body on matters that directly impact collective agreements, for example), it doesn't mean they will be informed at each - or any - subsequent stage of the issue. So if pilots received info on the DH1 phase-out in the past, that doesn't guarantee they'll receive the same info on the current DH3 phase-out, including communication on details as they relate to how many aircraft are involved, which routes/regions are affected first, timelines, etc.
Hence my statement that I'm unsurprised about the pilot-in-question's puzzlement.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm Reason: Remove snark