FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arriving in AUH and going up to Dubai
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:36 pm
stargold

To report back on the experience this AM:

* Arrived at 0440 and cleared immigration and customs as normal. (By the way, was stunned to arrive at a bus gate, despite presumably plenty of contact gates to go around)
* When you come out into (what used to be) the arrivals area, I had thought that those going up to Dubai may be allowed to go straight to the airport taxi, but instead everyone is sent to the direction of the Sky Park car parking, and then turn left at the end of the downward sloping corridor.
* You walk past some exhibits of artwork and eventually end up in a large temporary hall where the security guard guides you to either turn left or walk straight. Left is for Dubai (and perhaps for green country arrival who do not require quarantine), and straight on is for all other arrivals which require the quarantine bracelet.
* At the desk, they did a PCR swab (which I received the result by the time I reached Dubai), and also took details of my arrival and where I will be staying in Dubai.
* Once you are done, everyone is then funnelled back together out of the hall and into the arrival kerb for onward transport. It was 0540 by the time I was done with everything.
* Not sure whether it was just a one off, but the rule regarding only being able to take airport taxi or Etihad bus/chauffeur was not enforced. I could have easily been picked up by a friend/family, and could even have just gone home in Abu Dhabi. Anyway, I took the airport taxi to the JWM in Business Bay where I was able to check in at 7am.

All in all, pleased to report that it all went pretty smoothly. Thank you again for the posters who provided feedback.