FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:31 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Well when my spouse flew SAT-DFW, nothing was offered in F. The FA's didn't even get up, neither did they on TUL-DFW. So it's not happening in the real world.

Empty middle seat in Coach on an A320, plus PTV and buy my own soft drink in the terminal for $3 is much, much better than a completely full Oasis 737 and begging for a small plastic cup of sprite.
I fly SAT-DFW frequently since I live outside SAT. Indeed in real world they serve drinks, you just have to ask/push the button, assuming they dont proactively offer (most times they do offer). I'm sorry your wife didn't know to ask, but they would've gotten it if they did.

I have no issue with DL level of service on short flights. However DL doesn't provide any type of non-junk food or drinks (except beer/wine) even on 6+ hour flights.

IM happy you're willing to pay for that extra seat in F (not like they didnt raise fares) and get no service. Most people want value for their money. If was paying same or less for F as previously I would be ok with DL. However for F they jacked up prices and took away any basic service (if they could give beer/wine they could give Coke/juice). On DL DL there's no reason currently to buy F over Y. You get the same exact product. On AA/OAL you get actual different product.