FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:58 pm
DLmedalliongold

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
What are you talking about? DL has had ZERO service other than a bag with water bottle and bag of goldfish. Even D1 transcon doesn't get drinks and only gets a snack box. AA sandwich is luxurious in comparison.

As for zero service, did you ask for a drink? It's on request.
In Delta first class you currently get wine and beer on all flights over 500 miles as well as a choice of snack boxes (on flights over 750 miles I think). That's more than "ZERO" While true that D1 transcons don't get cocktails, they do get wine, beer and water. I admit AA is better up front on the transcons. But it's not an easy argument to make that the AA sandwich or "cheese plate" is much better than the choice of snack boxes on regular domestic first flights. Slightly better with the full bar, yes, I will agree with that, but you could also make an argument that at least for now, having seat blocking in F, with wine, beer and snack boxes was at least equal to or better than AA's regular domestic first offering.

The AA flight attendants to MKE specifically made an announcement both ways that there would be no service in coach. They didn't even pass out their water bottles with the crappy pretzels. Again, with seat blocking, and wine and beer offered in Comfort Plus, I would certainly say that DL's current coach product beats AA hands down, especially considering that all but the 717 mainline now have PTVs, new cabins and more friendly crews.