FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:48 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by supatight80
What about a Voluntary date change which was rebooked to a higher fare bucket (increase in fare price paid in cash), would this make my refund complicated?

I've probably changed the dates/destinations at least 7X since December, until I finally cancelled due to a temporary lockdown. But really prefer not to wait 3 months to get my refund. So hoping my ticket is not considered as a complicated one.
Probably that would be counted as complicated as each time the agents were manually waiving the change fee for you.

Originally Posted by FlySimple
Does anyone know if per the latest policy where it refers to refunds for tickets issued between 22 Oct 2019 and 30th April 2021 if this also includes reissues? I have tickets booked prior to 22 Oct 2019 for travel in 2020, the flights were cancelled and tickets reissued (same itinerary) to Dec 2020 and then reissued again given the ongoing travel ban to Aug 2021 - which again looks unlikely - sigh. Ideally I’d like to move them again to later in 2021 (i would have to pay considerably more if booking the same itinerary now and I do have material schedule changes I have not accepted) but there also seems to be reference to a 2year window from the original booking date which would be coming up, so not sure I would be able to move. Thanks!
As your flights had an involuntary change and you haven't accepted it yet, you should already qualify for a refund at this time.
For the policy part, it's your original booking date that is considered so you wouldn't have the right to refund your ticket whenever you want.