FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:31 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CosmoCosmo
I wondered if anyone thinks I have valid grounds for a complaint to CEDR, as I was 'misled' on several occasions by BA agents about the terms and conditions that should have applied to my original booking? Thanks!
Potentially you may have a case for CEDR, since in effect you were misadvised and found yourself making suboptimal decisions based on mistakes by staff. There is a provision under Articles 14 and 15 for airlines to be on best behaviour here. But the problem is that both articles have limited enforcement teeth, but you could try with CEDR. You should first work out what would be the right remedy for you, and ask BA for it clearly, for them to turn down. At that point you may have a mechanism to go to CEDR. Now CEDR prefers to deal with clear breaches, whereas your case is a bit of a grey area. This is because you accepted a refund and that is one, probably the most important remedy of EC261, and as soon as you accept the refund you become a former customer at that point. But if you feel strongly about it, I would not discourage you and it would be good to find out what happens.

Always use FT in this situation, you will get good and accurate advice in this forum.