FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gale South Beach, Curio Collection by Hilton, Miami Beach FL {US-FL}
Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:14 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Any info on what it’s like now with all the college kids, we are booked at Cabana for this weekend then the Bentley for 2 nights. I’m assuming the Cabana is too far north and hopefully the Bentley is south of the problem areas; had planned on taking the airport tram then Uber it up on Friday then Uber it down on Sunday. Is Collins Ave open through the spring breakers area?
I cancelled my reservation. Even though there was a seven-day cancel period, the Gale allowed me to cancel yesterday for my reservation tomorrow with no penalty. I think the city is pressuring hotels to allow cancels with no penalty and with Covid Delta wans't charging a fee. I thought about renting a car and driving to FLL but hotels are either sold out or crazy expensive as are rental cars.

The curfew goes in effect at 8 p.m. Thursday to Sunday's through at least mid-April and starts are fifth and I think ends at 18th or 19th and is from ocean to Pennsylvania. There is a bar I like to go to on Washington and they are closing at 8 due to the curfew so I don't think Miami would be that much fun.

It's too bad because I've gone the last weekend of March a few times and have stayed at the Bentley and no college kids were there and I thought Spring break at colleges were over with by then and I don't know how a college kid could afford a miami beach hotel. The Gale would have been 800 a night if I wasnt using points and most college kids don't have hotel points