FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ay: Jfk-bkk $2689
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:41 pm
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by 747-800i
I DO miss those ~$3k AY fares JFK-HEL-HKG, SIN-HEL-JFK with stopovers in HEL both directions. I got a LOT of value out of those and like 40k EQM, will be nice when we can get back to using those fares.
I would rather depart ex-LAX or ex-SFO for AAdvantage, if from North America.

Originally Posted by 747-800i
I miss Hotel Kamp!
IMO it's an overrated hotel. They had a quite cheap staycation deal last year, but had no interest taking it.

If I'd advise on hotels and I'd have Hilton status, I'd stay at their Hakaniemi property. The airport and Kalastajatorppa properties aren't of interest, if one really wants to see even a glimpse of the city. With Radisson, the local alternatives are more appealing. IHG is also viable and has prime locations. Best Western is unfortunately no longer available in the capital region. These are just some quick remarks and purely based on international chains present, while assuming one would have a loyalty program affiliation and like to use it. Outside it, there's of course more options to consider for a HEL stopover/layover.

But like I said: I advise against booking AY longhauls for any travel that's within the next few months or so. My gut feeling is that prior to August or September there's no chance for easy landside visits.