FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where do I find the "terms" of my flight ticket? 6 Hour Schedule Change...
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:27 pm
AAExecPlatFlier

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
In January, I posted a generic set of "what ifs" for a future trip I booked, and that trip is this Friday. The country is still closed to non-citizens, and honestly, probably wouldn't be very fun even if I could go. Does anyone know exactly where I can find the terms of my ticket so I know my theoretical "rights" and options with customer service? My overall flight times were changed by 5.5 hours, but also the connection became a 6+ hour layover.

My order of preferences, with the first being my major priority:
  • Rebook it for later dates at the AWESOME deal I had gotten (January sale plus black Friday promo code)
  • Refund
  • Flight Credit - Yuck, usually these aren't valid for future promos/offers

When I called a few weeks ago, the only option given was that I could change the dates and they would give me a "discount" turning my $800 RT lie-flat flight into a $1900 one... supposedly better than simply rebooking at a new fare.
Not sure this is everything, AA has kind of been playing with an abbreviated version to “make it easier for customers to understand” 😂😂

to your situation, I believe the change in the arrival or departure time must change by 4 hours — a change to connection time doesn’t matter. You didn’t say if you had a cxld flight or not or just rescheduled times, so can’t help as to cash refund. But generally, if u have a cxld flight u can get a refund.

The issue of the country not being open is of no concern to AA. You can change your dates but you would have to pay any fare difference — so a Flight credit.