FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any good MQD flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:46 am
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Anybody have any good flights for MQD earning? I have enough miles for status but no MQD this ear, and while I could work towards the DL Platinum MQD boost I'd like to have a backup plan.
AeroMexico J fares are among the best for earning MQDs. Business Class fares earn based on 40% of distance flown. So for example, a JFK-MEX round trip, which is ~4,000 miles in distance round trip, would earn about 1600 MQDs, regardless of how much you actually paid for the ticket. Do note: the flight must be MARKETED by AeroMexico to earn this. If you book via DL.com and the flight is booked as a DL codeshare, you would earn based on if DL operated the flight, and earn MQDs based on what you paid for the ticket. You'll want to book through AeroMexico to ensure the flight is marketed by AM so you earn based on the AM rate. The same is true with other partners.

Other partner MQD earnings are available here:
https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners

Another note: Int'l Partners often offer great MQD redemptions if you can find a cheap business class fare but due to COVID right now, entry into many countries could limit what options are available.