FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning Flying Club points on KL/AF
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:45 am
DeeGee26.2

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you mean the 15% extra that was applied to these vouchers - then you already have missed out on that bonus.

To benefit from the extra value, a booking had to be made by 31 October 2020 using these vouchers; the flight itself could be taken up to June or July of 2021.

Again, if you have refundable vouchers, I would strongly advise you to consider requesting refunds! You can use that money to book whatever flight you wish - even again on KLM - and can book these flights in a way that will not be tarnished by your Flying Blue number, so that the miles post without problem to your Flying Club account.
How strange,

I requested the voucher in September, it was as a result of a significant itinerary change. The first record I have of a voucher code was, it would seem, December 1st, so it would have been after the deadline you mentioned. The value of the voucher is for more than the value of the original booking, although not as much as 15% due in part to the fact that the booking was in GBP in Nov 2019 and the voucher in EUR 13 months later.

I'd rather not take the refund unless I have no choice, as that'll then lose me the 2x Amex points that I got for the original booking.

To be honest, I'm a bit confused as to what I've got.