FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switch to Marriott?
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:33 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by E33
Detroit, Las Vegas, Omaha Nebraska, Baton Rouge, des moins, Denver..

everywhere..

West Omaha right now..

USA only though..
I'm sorry, well, except for Denver and certain parts of Detriot. If you can feed two programs then do so, just figure out where you'd like to use those points, since using them for vacations/aspirational properties is usually the best. That said, I'm not a fan of Hilton, as even some of their "great" properties I found lacking, too much like a Hilton I always said. Marriott can suffer from that same problem. If you're coming back from work filthy dirty, from a long day of physical labor, and given the cities you listed, you're probably wanting a less than posh luxury hotel for normal use, so Hilton and Marriott (as well as IHG) fit the bill. If you've checked Hyatt out and can't make it work, so be it, but they are the top rung here. US hotel lounges seldom are as satisfying as their overseas properties, so pick a place that checks off as many of the boxes for your particular situation, and remeber that variety is the spice of life.