FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Double Cash to allow conversion to ThankYou Points (Fall 2019)
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:09 pm
History05

Originally Posted by lkar
I have been having this same issue. The converted cash disappears but the points never show up. I contact citi and they tell me to wait at least 5 business days. After I’ve waited 5 business days they seem to be able to do something manually via chat that makes them post a day or two later.

After a bit of a vacation from citi I got seduced by the double cash premier rewards plus trifecta and have been putting a lot of non bonus spend on double cash. But I forgot how truly awful citi is.
I had this problem for months last summer. I opened a CITI Premier. Then I did a product change from CITI preferred to CITI Double Cash. Converted cash back would disappear, but points would never show. They always told me everything looks fine and give it 5 days to convert (even though it should happen instantly). Took probably 10 calls over 3-4 months before I finally got someone who did anything about it. Turns out when they did the product change, they closed my Thank You account tied to my Citi Preferred. They never tied the Double Cash and CITI Premier together (even though they said they did and it looked fine). So converted cash back was disappearing into a closed CITI Preferred Thank You account.

I finally resorted to Twitter and threatened to contact the head person at CITI in charge of customer service for CITI Thank You points (I had no idea how to contact her, lol, but it seemed to work). I got a response the next day saying it's been escalated and will get fixed. It was fixed within a week. Now everything works as normal. Converted cash back show as thank you points instantly.