FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will/should UA do further status extensions/promos?With limited international travel?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:44 am
TomMM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu
Which pretty much describes... you know... life.

Regards
And if elite status is the most pressing issue in life for people they should consider themselves blessed.

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
After seeing firsthand a packed HNL on Monday night - a very crowded SFO Tuesday morning - a completely sold out SFO-LAS flight on a Tuesday - and Vegas Wednesday crowds looking pre-pandemic, I'm turning my thoughts to travel is going to come back quicker than I expected and status extensions won't be happening. I see a busy leisure season coming up and business leaders beginning to get more open about onsite sales and consulting opportunities. All we need is a handful of well known businesses to blink and say they will resume business travel this fall/winter for others to blink.

As far as international elites, I suspect their aren't that many - but it really depends on what UA thinks. They may think international elites will fly UA again because if another airline was so wonderful they probably would have been flying with them anyway.
I am thinking the same. Hopefully within a couple of months we should have some idea of INTL travel requirements.