FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will/should UA do further status extensions/promos?With limited international travel?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:39 am
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by drewguy
Why end the program. Or for that matter cut off GSes who used to fly but stopped because of COVID? How much does it cost UA to give the status to people who don't use it?
It costs very little for such wallet candy -- and if it encourages booking on UA vs. another carrier or vs. not booking at all it's a net win for UA.

Originally Posted by Christefan
Because it's considered a slap in the face to the ones that do fly and earn their status by spending money with UA. I will qualify for 1K for 2022 by flying this year and still end up behind GS non-flyers on the upgrade list. Where is my incentive to spend my money with UA?
You may consider it a slap in the face, but in the end MP is a marketing program. UA cares about "what have yu done for me lately?" vs. what customers may consider fair.