FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)
Old Mar 18, 2021, 2:08 am
AvidFlyer1990

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Alright, so just had a 3 night stay at this property. And here are my impressions:

Overview: WONDERFUL! They treat diamonds really well.

Pros:
1. Wonderful upgrade to a Panoramic Suite from a base level room. The DM even apologized for not being able to upgrade us to their Executive Suite (highest room category). Wonderful Creek views from the Suite
2. Great staff all around - from the front desk, bell boys, concierge, restaurant, chefs - loved the service. It felt like the staff genuinely cared about the guests' well-being
3. Pretty decent breakfast - a few items in the buffet were fab (more on that later)

Cons:
1. Location - I had to go to DIFC once for work; and we went to The Dubai Mall quite a few times - this meant Uber each way! After a few trips, this becomes expensive.

Info:
1. Unlike some hotels in Dubai, this property didn't seem to care much about your COVID test results that you have to take on arrival, at DXB. Personally, I did ask the health officials at DXB if we are allowed to venture out before the results came, and we were told "ABSOLUTELY". However, we didn't go out much on the day that we had arrived - instead waited for the results which came early evening (around 9 hours after the test). We went out then for our dinner.

Pro-tip:
1. If you want to take a COVID test while at the hotel, there are two ways - there's a company that comes to the hotel lobby for the swab, and they charge AED350 (more than double). Or, this was suggested by the entire front office staff - there's a HTK medical centre within a 5-7 min walking distance and they charge only AED150 for the test. After the test, you'll get the results within 24 hours and the team at the hotel will coordinate with the clinic to get the results to you.

2. Order a freshly prepared flaky paratha at the breakfast - you'll thank me later. Ideal accompaniment to that is the chicken curry. Also, try out the 'shooters' (freshly made juices) that they have at breakfast - if you like them, you can ask for a full glass of it.

3. Take a walk by the creek - we loved it when we did and it's across the road from the hotel.

4. Executive lounge is open, but only serving coffee / tea and water. They are using O'Leary's bar for the happy hour / normal exec lounge offerings - never tried it, so can't say how it was.

5. The cheapest Uber - UberSELECT - is a Lexus ES. Good enough car for Uber trips. I did the mistake of ordering UberBLACK for my first ride, and I received a BMW 5-series - which I consider a same level car, but was charged almost 3 times (not that important, but might help you save some cash if you do decide to go the Uber route).

6. Try and use Careem if you can - much cheaper than Uber. I did try, but they were not accepting AMEX, or I was not able to load my card on there, so...