FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:15 am
UAPremierGuy

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
As requested, here is my return menu on and pictures for AA 6, the OGG-DFW flight. It looks like my menu matches yours on the pre-order, Sari75.

I scored once again and got the Super Diamond seats both ways. Premium pillows and blankets and B&O Noise cancelling headsets were provided, and as mentioned, no amenity kits on this route. Menus were waiting on our seat as well. Full water bottles were distributed as well of Nestle Pure Life water. I was hoping for one last chance to drink Hawaiian water, but no such luck.

American Airlines Menu OGG-DFW

After takeoff, drink of choice and packaged mixed nuts (read: mainly almonds) were distributed. Tablecloths were placed on the tray table in advance of meal service. My pre-order of the shrimp & grits was pretty much acknowledged, or as my flight attendant said "I see you pre-ordered the fish..." Me: " Er, um, sure, yes maam."

Meals were served on one tray, with items pre-wrapped. Much to my dismay, there was no lemon tart and only a pre-packaged cookie on offer as I found the lemon tart served out of DFW to be decent.

American Airlines Dinner OGG-DFW

Maui catering continues to impress and the pineapple was fresh and delicious below the crab salad. The sauce was also excellent as was the main entree. Drinks were offered with the meal and another with the tray clearance. I then proceeded to toss and turn for the rest of the flight as I find these seats to be way too constricting with the tray table over the leg area as a side sleeper. The cabin, even with the air vents, was also quite warm. I did "sleep" through the pre-landing service, so I can't comment on that, opting instead to enjoy a much better breakfast in the Centurion Lounge while awaiting my connection. Overall, American continues to offer the most premium experience to Hawaii versus the competitors on their DFW flight, and absolutely one of the main reasons I opted to fly AA as opposed to UA which offered a lower fare.