FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unique FFC Situation Advice Wanted (Have FFC but not longer employed by purchaser)
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:56 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by smartcookie
My concern with asking first is calling this out when it might not even be noticed or something they care about considering it's a huge corporation with many rounds of recent layoffs. If they decide they want the money back once I'm no longer an employee, I'm happy to repay it. Just feel like it's unlikely, so not sure shining a light on it in advance is the best course of action. They haven't been very flexible with the severance package. It's such a big company that things are pretty standardized across the board and they don't seem to make exceptions often.
In my view, unless you have been informed otherwise, this is not your funds to use, even after separation.

With regards to the inquiry, I think you are over-thinking it. No one is going to bat an eye for asking questions about various exit items such as how to deal with travel credits. And, as you have alluded to, the company has standardized policies across the board, so it should be easy to get a response. Personally, I don't want to burn a bridge over some travel credits, and hoping/expecting no one would notice.