FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unique FFC Situation Advice Wanted (Have FFC but not longer employed by purchaser)
Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:57 am
smartcookie

Unique FFC Situation Advice Wanted (Have FFC but not longer employed by purchaser)

I'm currently Premier 1K. I have 2 separate FFCs from corporate travel booked and cancelled a year ago in March 2020. It's a big corporation who uses a popular travel agency to book with the employee's corporate credit card.

I was notified that I'm getting laid off. My card will be getting cancelled. I'm looking to possibly book a personal flight on United metal for myself and my husband.

United.com allows me to use the FFC to book another flight. However, I would like to know if there are workarounds in getting these credits issued as ETCs. I called the 1K line and the rep wouldn't do it since it's tied to the travel agency. I have read here that big companies don't really care if ex-employees use credits after leaving as they are tied to the traveler. Once I'm no longer an employee, it seems I might as well use the credits for personal travel? If they come asking me to reimburse later, that's fine too. But thinking that's unlikely, so worth trying.

What happens if I book a flight with each FFC and cancel it within 24 hours? Where does the refund go?
What if I book a flight and there is a schedule change? Where does the refund go?
Would it be possible to get ETC in either of these scenarios? Ideally, I want to book flights under 2 different names. If I can't, then considering just booking my fare once I'm no longer an employee.

Last edited by smartcookie; Mar 17, 2021 at 12:43 pm