FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK-SFO DeltaOne is Not Competitive
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:04 pm
Dawgfan6291

Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
With the return of AA's 321T and UA now running 767's with Polaris to EWR, not to mention returning to JFK, the 2x2 DeltaOne 757 has become fairly uncompetitive. I'm going to NYC a lot more now that COVID's winding down and haven't booked a flight on DL in spite of being a PM. Any plans to upgrade or at least go to 1-2-1 like JFK-LAX?
If American's First class product on the 321T is pricing the same as Delta's Business class product on JFK-SFO, then its American who has the problem, and a big one at that.

If that isn't the case then the Delta 757 seat in C is literally exactly the same seat as the AA 321T C seat. So I'm confused.
Originally Posted by Often1
The D1 soft product is suffering as well. Moreover, when AA reopens its Flagship Lounges and UA, it's Polaris Lounges, DL faces an on-ground problems with its sole lounge offering,

It's all going to come down to pricing. and frequencies (until those ramp back up).
uh. Not transcons in Polaris lounge and I didn't think transcons C got into the Flagship Lounge either.

Originally Posted by DMPHL
I think in terms of hard product, the apt comparison between AA and DL is the J cabin, not AA F. In that regard, the hard product is essentially identical between DL's 757 and AA's A321T. Soft product-wise, I do think, despite Delta's better overall branding and image, AA offers a higher quality onboard transcon product in business class than Delta.

You're correct. UA only offers United Club access to its transcon J passengers. Polaris is only for international.
I'll never understand why we always have these threads. "AA F is better than DL C!"

I bet those same people crap themselves when they figure out Y is way worse than both. God help them if they have to fly G4/NK/F9.
Originally Posted by enviroian

Wow. AA surely has the market here and I'm sure UA too with their polaris but I'm not sure if they have hot meals.
You could argue Delta has the market because of the middle seat blocking. IMO that is much more valuable to me than airplane food.