FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)
Old Mar 15, 2021, 5:58 pm
CaptainBiscoff

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
So after a re-evaluation in six weeks, they will determine that adding soft drinks is OK, is that what you’re saying? But nothing else? Unbelievable. If that doesn’t convince you this is nothing more than cost savings I don’t know what will.

And as far as 5he FAs wanting to resume service, maybe some do. But from what I have seen they have become quite happy socializing and gossiping, reading, and picking up trash. As I’ve said before, it’s not a bad gig if you can get it.
Unfortunately, that is my speculation. I have spoken to Delta Corporate & Delta Custserv, and the re-evaluation and new snack (which we all slowly see and some have) is what is confirmed.

My speculation, and informally the Delta representative's I spoke to, concurred with the opinion that this re-evaluation may open up soft drinks since that is a big request right now.
I absolutely agree with you on the cost-savings. I managed to find the Delta Executive Office email which has been my direct line to diplomatically venting about the current product, and that is how I get all of my intel. It's not as muddy as it has been from frontline representatives that aren't being told anything.