FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation question
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:43 am
Slickw

Compensation question

Hello all -
I booked two nights at the Aloft in Panama City Panama on the Marriott website a week ago. Arrived at the hotel and after some confusion about the door being locked a security guard tells us the Aloft is closed and we need to go to the connected Sheraton. After making the assumption an Uber driver would be confused to pick us up and take us to the same block we walked the ~500 meters around the block dragging luggage to the Sheraton. A this point I'm assuming the Aloft may be open since I saw someone inside, but doors are locked so they can funnel people through the Sheraton due to covid restrictions/curfews. Was given our keys to the room and lo and behold the Aloft is closed, we are in the Sheraton. Note there was no notification of these issues on the Marriott website and the reservation confirmation email made no mention of this. I considered moving to a different Marriott but the Internet in the room kept dropping and later my SO wasn't in the mood to go outside again toting luggage. Has anyone experienced something similar where you book a hotel on the chains site and are given a room in a different hotel? I get that guests are sometimes moved due to unexpected issues but this hardly seems unexpected. Rooms are still bookable today on the Marriott site at the Aloft with no mention of these issues. I never would have booked the Sheraton. What would be the appropriate channel to report this bait and switch to Marriott? What would be an appropriate compensation? Thanks.