FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:06 am
squawk

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'd ask them to review the recording of your original call where you were clearly given the option to change both flights. And it appears this was verbally confirmed.

They should the make the change for free.
Hi @DYKWIA - all of this (bar the unhelpful initial contact with the SA call centre) has been written exchanges via the Twitter team. The italicised text above is verbatim. My response last night was:

“Hi <advisor>, I’m sorry, but it feels like you’re ignoring the point I made - I was told that there would not be any additional costs associated with changing the return flight due to the cancellation on the booking, as long as this change was done at the same time.

So if <this> was not actioned by your colleague, and the change to the return flight was not done at the same time despite my request (and being explicitly told it would not cost anything more), this is not my responsibility.

The sequence of events is that I asked to change my return flight without charge, I was told it would be possible without charge at the same time, I provided the new dates, and I waited for confirmation that didn’t come.

Now I’ve chased it up, I’m being told it would be subject to fare/tax difference (if there are any). This directly contradicts what I was told earlier.

If those charges are due to the fact that it wasn’t done at the same time as the changes to the outbound (which would not have incurred charges) that is not my fault, but lies with one of your colleagues for not processing both changes at the same time.

I would be very grateful if you could confirm that these changes to the return flight could be made without any further charge, in line with what your colleague <advisor2> confirmed yesterday, as part of the one free change that is permitted due to the cancellation on the booking.”
The response (from yet another advisor) overnight was:

We couldn't change the return flight to <date>, as this is extending your time away even more compared to what you had previously. Therefore, any changes to the return would have to be done as per the fare rules, I'm afraid. We have already queried this and advised this is how it would have to be.
Does this clarify the issue at all?

Last edited by squawk; Mar 14, 2021 at 6:26 am