FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice for visiting NOLA now?
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:03 pm
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
Since I live in New Orleans, I won’t be able to be much help on hotel recommendations, but what I can tell you is that your entertainment options are pretty limited. Indoor music is almost nonexistent under current guidelines. Restaurants and bars are open (with occupancy limits), though last call is now 11 PM; restaurant reservations are a good idea since capacity is limited and many restaurants have curtailed the days of the week they are open. Masks are required here, as in the rest of Louisiana. There is some outdoor music to be found, if you do some research, but the “scene” is nothing like it would have been pre-COVID. Almost all spring and summer festivals have been postponed to late summer or fall.

To be honest, locals are not thrilled about tourists coming here from places with much worse COVID hygiene practices and infection rates, getting drunk and careless and exposing our hospitality industry workers to risk. We want our tourism and entertainment industry to return as soon as possible, and that is only going to happen if the virus is stopped everywhere.