FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arriving in AUH and going up to Dubai
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2021, 8:12 pm
stargold

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican
My understanding is that quarantine is not optional / nuanced. Even for people based in Dubai, getting to Abu Dhabi isn’t straightforward. They are for all intents and purposes two separate countries without visa restrictions for now....
That's for getting into Abu Dhabi, and I agree that it's very strict whether you're coming from abroad or from Dubai.

However, Etihad has been advertising the fact that if you're arriving into AUH but intend on going directly up to Dubai or the other emirates, you can do so without doing the Abu Dhabi quarantine. The Etihad website states the following:
I’m travelling to Dubai as soon as my flight lands in Abu Dhabi, do I need to quarantine?

No, you will not be required to quarantine if you’re travelling straight to Dubai. You are permitted to travel to Dubai or any northern emirate by Etihad Chauffeur, Etihad Coach or Airport Taxi only.
I was just trying to get a better understanding of the process, so that I don't inadvertently end up being sent to Abu Dhabi quarantine, particularly as I'm not a tourist but arriving on an employment visa.