FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand customers told of Star Alliance data breach
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:35 pm
Trumpkin

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
For those who didn't get the email, I've copied the one I got here (second time my Air NZ info has been leaked too, although last time it was a bit more info).

Kia ora Trumpkyn,

We have recently been alerted that a Star Alliance partner has been impacted by a security data breach, involving some of our customers’ data as well as that of many other Star Alliance airlines.

The Star Alliance member airlines share minimal frequent flyer data between each other and limited third parties to ensure benefits can be used across different carriers, for example access to member lounges.

Unfortunately, some of your information has been involved in this data breach however, this is limited to your name, tier status and membership number. This is the full extent of frequent flyer data Air New Zealand shares with other Star Alliance member airlines.

This data breach does not include any member passwords, credit card information or other personal customer data such as itineraries, reservations, ticketing, passport numbers, email addresses or other contact information.

What do you need to do?

You do not need to do anything. There is no need to change your password or take any other action. Air New Zealand takes data security and privacy seriously and we want to assure you we are working with Star Alliance to ensure stronger systems are in place to prevent any similar issues occurring in the future.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected]?subject=Se...0New%20Zealand

Ngā mihi nui,

Leanne Geraghty

Chief Customer and Sales Officer