FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints
Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:33 pm
UAMythbuster

Originally Posted by letiole
UAMythBuster: Today I was trying to book a fare using a 15 percent off e-cert. The cert is only good on higher fare classes, which is what I want. Unfortunately, on every flight I tried, united.com defaulted to the lowest fare available. So now it appears to get the higher fare code that I want, I must call reservations and sacrifice my e-cert discount. This is really frustrating and would be even more so if I had to pay the $5 booking fee. I've called tech support and they tell me there's no way around this. Tell me that's myth you can bust.

Hey, I think the reason it does that is because how the website is designed to always give the lowest fare, and If an e-cert with a higher fare class is more expensive it will default to the better price. I would sugest changing the "Sort by" field in the "More Search options" to something other than price. Also a good way to trick it in an occurance like this is to use the upgrade eligability dropdown and select something like "Miles - Y,B" or "Miles - M, H". I hope that helps you out on that. If the website could do all of the stuff that all of you more expirienced travelers required, it would make it Imposible for all of the first-timers and less frequent travelers to use.

~
ALL opinions expressed by me are not necessarily the opinions of United Airlines. United Airlines is in no way responsible for what I say here.