FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket validity.
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:36 am
Anonba

Originally Posted by VSLover
i have had variations on this question and my own history does not really make sense to me, but there are some differences and the three categories where im trying to understand when the 1yr rule applies for the following:

(1) a ticket for mar 2020, voluntarily moved to jun 2020 that was cancelled and re-booked for aug 2020 that i then voluntarily moved to sep 2021 (same arrival city but different departure cities)

(2) tickets i requested FTVs due to voluntary changes and have used for different future flights--i presume this is where im confused: does validity apply to the original underlying ticket issue date or does it keep moving for the new flight i use a FTV on?

(3) ticket for cancelled flight, purchased jan 2020 and voluntarily changed many times but then on last involuntary cancellation was re-booked for dec 2021.
Ok so ticket validity works like this: Your outbound flight must be taken within 1 year of booking date and then your inbound flight within a year of the outbound. Voluntary or involuntary changes cant change the validity date of the outbound but obviously if you change outbound your validity for return would change.

There are errors on ba.com which means that it can incorrectly rebook outside ticket validity.

For your voluntary change in part 1 i would expect that actually it was done effectively under voucher terms and conditions to allow rebooking past normal ticket validity or someone made an error.

For part 2 my understanding is that for a rebooked vouchers the ticket validity would effectively start from reissue date of tickets to new itinerary.

I expect part 3 is s ba.com error.