FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Citizen Arriving at LHR, but going to Scotland
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:34 am
FT01

US Citizen Arriving at LHR, but going to Scotland

Hi,

Sorry, not BA specific but I couldn't find the 'post new thread' button in the general travel forum. Please move my post if required.

Onto my question, has anyone any experience of the above subject?
My girlfriend is a US citizen and resident. Before Covid, I would travel there every 2.5 weeks (on a tourist visa) but obviously that's no longer allowed. I'm UK citizen/resident.

I've read online that, as she is coming from a non-red zone country, she could arrive at LHR and transit to Scotland and quarantine at my house, not a hotel. My preference would be to collect her at LHR and drive north.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is there any danger that, if she took a connecting flight LHR to EDI, that she would end up on the hook for 10 days in a hotel once she lands in EDI?
Or does all go ok - land at LHR, then you're basically free to get to Scotland however you like?
Is she allowed to travel north by train, if need be? Or is private car required to avoid contact with other people?

Any advice is appreciated. Other than "why not wait another x amount of months?" - we've done that, and are thoroughly scunnered with it!

Many thanks in advance.