FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BAEC/QFF - a (hopefully not hypothetical) question set
Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:23 pm
secretplantofightinflation

Programs: BA Gold
BAEC/QFF - a (hopefully not hypothetical) question set

Hi everybody

In a few months I will be relocating to Australia (Melbourne) for an initial 4 year period. My role there will be regional, and involve at least 1 J class return per month to SE Asia (mainly SIN, BKK, KUL and MNL) - as well as a monthly trip to AKL.

I am currently BAEC Gold with c.13k lifetime tier points. With an annual trip home, I would be able to secure 4 BA flights per year.

Assuming that H2 sees some degree of opening up in terms of travel (and that the Australian borders begin to ease - big assumption I know) - would the consensus be to credit to BA and maintain gold; or switch to QFF?

Main points for me would be to maintain tier point growth and secure maximum ‘benefits’ (best quality lounge access) for travel (business and pleasure). Avios/points earning is a secondary concern.

I thought about asking this in the QF forum, but as I’m a BAEC member, I’m keen to get the input from this community.

Thanks in advance for any advice.