FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's with the Delta bus gates at SLC? A rant.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:00 pm
MCO Flyer

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pfreet
My apologies if this has already been discussed to death. Flew FCA-SLC-MCO this week. My CRJ-900 from FCA landed at a bus gate at SLC. We had to wait for a portable metal gate to be lined up, then had to walk down the ramp outside in the cold to a bus. We were jam packed into the bus, no social distancing at all, making the deplaning theater seem kinda ridiculous. Then a long drive to the very end of the B gates. Then a long walk the entire length of the B terminal, followed by another long walk through the tunnel to the A gates. Followed by an equally long walk to the sky club, for a quick snack before walking to my gate.

Brand new airport? I was stunned. Wad this the best the SLC airport and Delta could come up with? How long will this nonsense last?
I’m going to ask the mods to merge this post to the new SLC Airport Terminal thread (New SLC airport opens September 15th, 2020)but the current bus setup is only temporary but will last until 2024 when phase 2 and the rest of the A Concourse is complete. The original plan was to leave the D and C concourse open, but SLC decided to close them early to speed up the project.