FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Best to Increase Miles in my SkyMiles account
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:50 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jsn55
I've been eyeing this situation for several months and I'm hoping savvier flyers might have some knowledge I haven't stumbled across yet. I recently dropped my status at United, and keep hearing great things about Delta. I fly out of SFO. I'd like to enlarge my SkyMiles account, but the only major transfer partner I see is the AmEx which I already have. We use Chase Sapphire Reserve for all our spending and those points transfer out to many travel providers; booking direct triggers a large discount as well. Are there any non-AmEx credit cards or other earning opportunities to maximize my Delta SkyMiles earnings? Does Delta ever offer percentage bonuses for purchasing SkyMiles? Anybody know of other ways to get to my goal? I'd like to see the account increase by 30 or 50K miles.
Hello from a fellow SFO DL flyer DL is pretty cozy with AMEX, so that's pretty much the best non-flight option for accumulating miles quickly (particularly signup bonuses). I think there are sometimes bonuses for purchasing miles but SkyMiles is not generally the strong point of the program. Do you have a specific redemption in mind? Otherwise I wouldn't necessarily seek to accumulate 30-50k miles for the sake of doing so. I suspect a lot of people with high balances have accumulated them from flight, or from CC activity that was more geared towards hitting the MQD waiver or an MQM boost rather than having SkyMiles accumulation as any significant consideration...