FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Honeymoon
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:05 pm
kpitk

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by FarFetched1219
If you're doing Dubai, Rita Carlton Raz Al Khaima is incredible and right on the beach. You can take a Blacklane there from Dubai airport and then on to Al Maha for the remainder so you get both beach and desert.

St Régis Maldives is absolutely stunning and where we spent our honeymoon. If you fly with Qatar you have a good chance of getting QSuites.
Al Maha keeps getting mentioned, somewhere I am going to look into more for sure, who knew a desert paradise would be perfect for a honeymoon. As for the Maldives, we were looking there and French Polynesia, but Maldives seem like the less of a hassle to get to from the East coast. With the limited points we have for airfare cash flight either J or Y are not too bad. I think the resort transfer and food costs are what puts my fiancé off of the Maldives (food will likely be expensive anywhere I try and convince her).

Originally Posted by jay526
I did this honeymoon this past August. Paid 5 nights on points and a sixth out of pocket. While not having to pay for lodging is great for budget, everything else is expensive and your dining options get complicated (and just as expensive potentially) if you want to go off property - I assume you'll want to indulge. I'm from the east coast and flew WAS-SFO-PPT-BOB, with an overnight at PPT at the Intercontinental. Everything just adds up quickly, including that PPT-BOB flight on Air Tahiti at rough $450 RT per person.

Total trip cost aside, the resort and French Polynesia in general were fantastic and my wife and I don't regret the decision to go there.
Great to hear your story, I am glad you guys were able to enjoy it! Sounds like a fantastic trip, as I said above the Maldives might make more sense for us that FP. They both seem very similar to me, but Maldives seems to have more options to getting there.

Originally Posted by boolean64
I've not been to the St. Regis Bahia Beach in quite some time, but having been to both there and Punta Mita, Pinta Mita wins for me by far over Bahia Beach. Better beach, better pool, more off property dining options (i don't think there are any convenient off-property dining options at Bahia Beach), MUCH better vibe.

I will say that the rooms are better at Bahia Beach. And if you get free breakfast with status, Punta Mita has been stingy the last couple years with continental only whereas I believe that Bahia Beach has a better breakfast benefit. Historically service at Punta Mita was better but I found service to have slipped when i was there in late 2019. Not bad, but noticably not as good as it was on prior visits.

The other Marriott that has gotten good reviews (although haven't seen much recently) is the Solaz in Cabo. it's a materially longer trip from the east coast though...
Yeah I have always heard great things about Cabo. seems like lots of good options in Mexico that I overlooked.

Originally Posted by RooseveltL
Westin St. John - but you said no USVI - but it is a nice property.

If flights cost not an issue can look at North Island, Seychelles. It is amazing honeymoon but a trek via flights.
Were going to Fisherman's Cove USVI this summer, so that's why we weren't looking there, But I'll keep that in mind for a future trip. Flight to Seychelles might not be terrible, but the 4,000 USD RT helicopter transfer for 2 is killer. I can only imagine the food cost added onto that. It may be the only resort I have seen that makes the Maldives look cheap haha. Certainly looks like paradise, just may be out of our ability.

Originally Posted by boolean64
If you don't want to travel for hours on end in economy (which given your capital one miles balance would be the case) the St Regis Punta Mita is a very strong option. Although you should check on how hot it might be in early summer.

If you're willing to schlep, then the properties mentioned above sound amazing. But they are a schlep! And once you're there, you;re pretty much there vs a lot of different food options off property in Punta Mita.

Clearly can't go wrong with any of these choices.
I am not opposed to the long journeys. It really opens up the possibilities. But it was also great to hear about the Mexico options and realize there are more closer to home than we thought.